Wednesday, August 22, 2007

To Picky?

This is very poorly written....suck it up.

By the way, try not to psychoanalyze me please.

People always tell me that it's a good thing that I am very picky when it comes to who I date. I know what I want and I try not to settle. But is it possible to be TO PICKY?? If it is then I have definitely met that mark. Every boy I have met so far in my dating career has been almost up to par. But not quite. All of them Mr 9 out of 10's. You would think that a 9 is pretty darn close to perfect...but you would be wrong. To me 9 is just not good enough. Lets analyze the last few boys I've dated/ thought about dating. I'll call them T, C, D, and M. (Just for reference these boys have been spread out over a large period of time)

T:
I actually called myself his gf. T is that perfect boy you see in the movies that does everything right all the time. He is very cute, an 8 or 9 for sure. Very smart. Very funny. He loves Jesus and he liked me. What more can a girl ask for huh? Well, aside from all that, he played to many video games and was to good at them and I thought he was kind of a nerd. That did it. Once I realized this, it was over. I started to like him less and less until we finally broke up.

C:
I wasn't official with C ever but we did go on a date or two. I met C at a Christian camp. (so he loves Jesus too) C is very tall, handsome, funny, easy to talk to, has the same moral standards as I do. REALLY liked me. He is a musician and plays like 8 different instruments. But he lived to far away and I really didn't like the earring he has.

D:
I've known D since I was 8. He is my brothers best friend. He's older, mature, very very cute. Really funny, has a job, so sweet. But he doesn't love Jesus, and he drinks.

M:
M is my current prospect...Ive been friends with him for over a year, and I love him to death. (friendly love of course) Loves Jesus, very good looking, so much fun to hang out with. Extremely talented singer. We have a lot in common. But he's just barely shorter than me and I hate his mother.

I might not have gotten my point across very well but what I'm trying to explain is that everything could be right with this person, but one tiny minuet detail and that one thing will turn me off completely!!! I will start to like this person a lot and then very quickly find that small problem. I dated T for almost 2 months....technically I went on 1 date with C, but I talked to him all the time on the phone, but the idea of him only lasted about 3 weeks.....I entertained thoughts of dating D for about a month until he actually asked and after 4 or so hours I had decided against it. And finally M and I have on and off flirted for the whole past year but now that I know he likes me and I could actually have that relationship, 3 days later, I'm not sure if I want it.

I'm screwed up! Something must be clinically wrong with me. I'm TO PICKY!!!! I want to be ready for a relationship! I pray about it all the time. But when I sit down and really think about it and things like this, I realize that I'm most definitely not ready at all for one! And it sucks! I hate it!

I think I'll leave you now and go throw a pity party for myself in my room.

1 comment:

Kelsey McKinney said...

haha. i know how you feel.
im the same way.
but see.. i'm to the point that they don't even get on dates with me because normally i can find some reason not to like them.
i didn't know C had an earing.. .hmmm..
also..
i feel honored that i know who all these boys are.

also.. that freaking i like list.
i took me a really long time to start just because i'm such a negative person...
but once i got rolling it didn't take to long probably 25 minutes for the whole list