Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thanks Brent

I know this crazy guy with long blonde hippie hair and a passion for teens, and for some reason I've found that over the years I have come to value his opinion more and more. Recently I read a blog of his showcasing statistics about how little the average adult reads. This information didn't surprise me in the least. But it did make me start to think. I love to read. But like most of America my excuse for not doing so is lack of time. But truly there is no lack of time. Its really a lack of time management. I started to analyze how I spend my spare time. Ive found that I don't do much of anything productive. I am so busy all the time running from place to place that when I have spare time I usually sit in front of the tv or computer and decompress. It's to stressful to read because I would have to think about more stuff. But isn't this a shame. Reading has become more of a chore to me. But when I do sit down and read I tend to relax more then when I'm just vegging in my lazy-boy staring into the tv.

Brent asked his readers to poll how many books they have read this year. What kinds of books do they read, and what was their favorite. Well I started to comment and to my dismay had a hard time thinking of any books that I did read. I've read two in the last month but before that I hadn't read much at all. One or two books for English, and I might not have even read the whole thing. So I've decided that I'm not going to become that statistic. I'm starting with the 2 books I've read so far this summer and going forward. Ive started a new one today.

Thanks Brent for giving me a new passion to not allow my mind to veg. And for not being a statistic.

2 comments:

Free and Living said...

hey, i didn't know you had a blog! i'm going to add you to my buddies!!!!!!! love you lots!!!!!! xoxo

Kelsey McKinney said...

hey girl!!!
speaking of my favorite small group buddy!
so psyched for this year