Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Unavoidable New Year Blog

I guess the appropriate way to start this blog would be to over view 2007. The problem with this is that I can hardly remember what happened yesterday. Of course this is an over dramatic statement, but there is some truth to the severity of my personal lack of memory of this past year. I have spent my year like so many other people in the world, RUNNING!!!! And of course not the good, healthy kind of running, but the intense, hectic, stressful running around like a chicken with its head cut off! In a nutshell 2007 was busy. Which brings me to new years resolution #1 Enjoy the busyness of my life. Although my life is busy, I don't see why I can't still enjoy it. But I have been so rapped up in what I have NEXT, that I have often ignored what I am doing NOW. This is a huge problem because I have stopped enjoying the things that I do. But in 2008 it is my resolution to stop and focus on the present moments and enjoy the NOWs in life. NEXT will come in its own time. Resolution #2 Make an effort to be more outgoing and make myself more accessible to others. I have spent so much of 2007 alone. I do love my alone time, but I have become some what of a recluse. In the down time that I do have amongst the busyness, I have gotten in the habit of turning down opportunities to hang out and I have just chilled at home alone. The problem with this is that then I complain when people stop calling and inviting me to things. So in 2008 I refuse to be a recluse! Along with not reclusing myself, this resolution also has another side to it. I must become more outgoing. I have decided that as a person I SUCK at small talk and getting to know new people. But I have now decided that I was retarded when I made that first decision about myself and that not being good at it is just a matter of lack of effort and practice. So in 2008 I'm gonna get out there and meet new people and get to know them. This is absolutely necessary in 2008 since I have college and my amazing trip to Italy coming up!

So back to 2007. Here are some things that I enjoyed or didn't enjoy or just happened or didn't happen.....w/e
-I got pulled over by a cop for the first time ever! But he let me off with a warning. I was going 42 in a 35 in my neighborhood. I don't speed as much anymore. : )
-I went to Ireland. This was the first time I have traveled to Europe and I fell in love with it! I also fell in love with traveling the world. Ireland was amazing. Everything was so beautiful there and I had so much fun. I was able to grow closer to my best friend and with Christ through a devotional that we did together in the hotels at night.
-I became an adult this past November. That's right, I can vote....and buy sharpies! (line stolen from the bestie)
-I grew closer with my brother in 07. It amazes me that just 4 years ago we HATED each other. He has come so far from where he was in high school to where he is now and I am SO proud of him. I thank God that He has restored our friendship in the past couple of years and especially 2007.
-New friendships arose this year. Just to name a few, I have become good friends with Kelsey, Bethany, and Sarah. Kelsey and I became friends almost instantly during Music Camp this year. Although we had known each other and been friends before music camp, those 100 something hours together impacted our relationship so much and I don't know how I would have gone through this half of 07 without her! It would have been way boring without her! I have enjoyed so much our dinners at Quizznos, even though I sorta have problems showing up sometimes....She is my most interesting friends by far and always has something intriguing to say. Bethany and I have known each other through bible study for at least 3 years now but never really got to know each other. But some how this year we just became friends. I cant even remember how it happened. But now she is one of my favorite people in the world! I love all the little chats that we have had regarding the future and life and family and God and everything else at the most random of times and places (like KK [that's Kids Kastle for those who just don't know] ). Sarah and I met in 2006 in Galveston on our choir trip but 2007 has brought an amazing friendship and with that growth in Christ! She is my most encouraging friend. She is who I complain to when life isn't going my way and who I jump up and down with when something amazing happens. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the many nights we have spent watching rented lame girly movies and eating pints of ice cream together. She always helps me decide between cookies in cream and cookie dough! I love her a whole lot!
-I made the Texas All-State Womens Choir.
-2007 has brought alot of understanding about myself and boys. Just some things that I learned: I don't do long distance (even if its as close as Dallas). I hate it when boys constantly text me. I don't have time for that. It's very important that a boy knows Christ. Impulse is never a good thing. Forgiveness is always worth it. And finally, the only boy I need to be happy is Jesus Christ.
-I got to enjoy being a part of my youth group. This year was the first year that I have ever really felt like I had a family at CBC. I love it.
-I recorded a CD!
-Sarah and I went to so many shows and concerts this year. Music has really puts its mark on 2007 thanks to Sarah, the ability to drive, and free nokia tickets from daddy!

I'm sure there's more, but I must move on. So here are some things that I'm looking forward to in 2008!!!!
-GRADUATION!!!!!! WOOO!!!!
-An Amazing 22 day trip to Italy and Greece in July!
-College! I will be attending the University of North Texas. I had a bit of bitterness about it for a while but I am completely over that. A friend helped me to see the good of UNT and that it can be just as much fun as anywhere else. Also I have come to terms that staying home is God's plan for me right now. So UNT it is! Go EAGLES!
-Mark and Kristy's wedding! I'm so excited to be a flower girl and be able to share in this amazing part of Kristy's life. She has been such an angel in my life and I'm so glad that she found so much happiness and that God has blessed her with such an amazing guy as Mark! She deserves it!
-Ski trip at CBC. YAY
-Pine Cove 08!

As far as I can tell 2008 will be an amazing year and I can't wait to really dive in.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

2 comments:

Kelsey McKinney said...

lovin 2008
lovin you
lovin pine cove.

From Carlys Eyes said...

hey, its you and me as the girl leads on the ski trip...oh what fun. SO EXCITED to go and get to know you better.