Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Poetry

Time Line

Standing on a line, years surrounding, yet still.
Past marked by a view of color and thrill.
The eye overwhelmed, caught by a moment,
And again by one less current.
Listen in to a history all your own,
Examining a time well known.
Vibrant music, a tune you can see.
This life known unto me.
Joy gives flight to a new dance,
Spirals only stop to catch a glance.
Still standing on that line, years still present,
Looking ahead at time not yet spent.
The dance is gone, fear sweeps over head.
This sea of gray I dread.
Wanting only to turn around,
Tightly to this line my feet are bound.
Forced into this time, I was unaware,
Afraid to move toward this affair.
Bended knee and silent prayer,
An open eye, the line less bare.
Flash of hope, color of truth,
Just fear embedded in my youth.

Jan 9, 2008 Lauren Gish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.