Monday, January 21, 2008

I Just Killed a Tree

Yep that's right....In the name of AP European History I just printed off 14 pages of notes, mostly double sided and all about the French Revolution.

Since I have nothing inspiring to talk about here are some things I've been thinking about lately.
-McMurry University is a small private school outside of Abeline. They continue to send me applications, and scholarship info, and academic info, and housing info, activity info, and music info.....(i could go on) I have received more info from this small school than I have from every other school combined.....(if I'm exaggerating it's only by a little bit) In fact they have personally called me several times and tonight I was on the phone with the admissions guy talking about scholarships and things. It seems to me that they would like me to go to there school. It has also crossed my mind that maybe the extreme about of persistence from them could in fact be a little message from God. But I'm not convinced. I don't want to go there mainly because its in a super small town. Aside from that it seems like a good school I guess. Tonight during my little conference call the man told me I was likely to get a $7,000 scholarship! Which would be awesome....if it didn't cost $27,000 a year! I'm also thinking that if colleges didn't send out so much advertising crap that it wouldn't cost so darn much!

-I went to a wedding this weekend up in Tipton Indiana, I'm sure you've never heard of good ol' Tipton, and well, you're not missing much. It was a nice little wedding, my uncle Tom was tying the knot for the 3rd time. It's interesting the my dad is 40-something and has been married once, the middle brother is 40 something and has never been married....and doesn't plan on it, and the youngest brother is 40 something and has been married three times. Anyway, I got to sit on the front row since my family and my grandma were the only family of groom present. I don't think that the organist playing the entrance music had ever seen an organ, or sheet music in his life, but the vocalist did a fine job. For Brent's sake I'd like to note that no flash photography was taken through the hole event. (maybe someone in Tipton reads your blog )

-During my trip I realized just how attached to material possessions I am. At some point between the wedding and the middle of the reception my $300 brand spanken new camera got lost or stolen. I cried. I really was devastated. I only had it since Christmas and I really really really loved it. I'm not sure if I was more upset about losing the camera or the 200 pictures I had on there from all state auds, choir stuff, and pine cove.

No comments: