Monday, April 7, 2008

Dang it, Double Secret Probation!!!

Oh my gosh, I can't even begin to describe how crazy busy my life has been lately and sadly blogging just didn't make the list of super important must do stuff.

Ok so life has been busy, but it's also been pretty great. First off God is in the middle of teaching me some pretty important stuff right now. Lately I've gotten into the habit of doing church rather then building a relationship with Him. This is of course a huge problem which I'm trying to fix. Mrs. G's Senior bible study is rocking my life! I just have to put it out there. I'm learning so much about everything in that bible study and it's making me so excited about studying the Word of God. I've actually for the first time in my life gotten into a fairly regular pattern of personal study.

I'm also really excited about PROMS!!! I just got my dress on Thursday and it's gorgeous! I love it! I'm going with the church folk to Marcus' prom on the 3rd which I'm super excited about. Also the party at Nathan and Kim's house! WOO-HOO!!! I'm also going to my own prom of course, to which I have a date! yay! Now it's just a as friends thing but that's ok, I have someone to slow dance with! whoot! This will actually be the first dance I have ever had a date for...kinda lame I know, but that just makes this one super exciting! But let me just tell you how crazy he is. He is one of my favorite people in the world but he is also one of the most unique and insane people I have ever met! So insane that he plans to wear a ZUIT SUIT!!! You know.....zuit suit riot, RIOT! I think it's a little ridiculous but as his date I'm ok with it. Why should it matter. It totally fits his style and personality and it'll be funny as all get out. Makes for some memorable pictures! Anyway all my best friends are going to be with us in a group and it's gonna be really fun! To bad it costs so freaking much!

Now I must tell you that I secretly love watching the biggest loser on tv! I think its a really good show and I dunno I guess I just like sitting on my couch eating a snack watching other people lose weight. lol Well it, along with prom, and the desire to look cute on the beach this summer have finally motivated me to get active. I started out just on a diet. A sorta diet. Then it turned into I was on a diet. Then, "huh? diet?" lol But all that is back on track now! woo! My brother and I actually joined a rec center near my house cause its much cheaper then the big gyms and it has all we really need anyway. That was a weak ago on Monday. Since then I have been almost every day. I really enjoy it too. Makes me feel better about myself and also my brother and I have gotten a chance to hang out and do something productive together!

Speaking of my brother, he is 22 and about to close on his brand spanking new house in a few weeks. It's amazing! I'm so proud of him. He has come through so much and to think that at 22 he is the proud owner of a house. It's really cute how subtly excited he is about it. Just about every 3 days since they started building it he has gone over and taken pictures of everything new. He has a whole photo album of the construction of his house. Its really cool. It has the perfect location with a pond and fountain right behind it out the window.

Finally Praise God! I'm pretty sure that this singing for money thing at my directors church on Sunday mornings is going to become pretty regular! How amazing it is that God really does provide for everything we need.

2 comments:

Brent said...

SECRETLY watching Biggest Loser? I'm kinda into it, too...but find no need to be secret about it. I think it's okay for people to have up to 2 reality shows on their guilty pleasure list, but only one can involve singing and dancing.

:)

And, I think it's funny you keep up with whether or not you're on double secret probation.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.