Monday, May 5, 2008

Pieces of Prom 1

This past saturday was prom number 1 for me. Marcus high school's prom. I went with the cbc youth group and more specifically with this kid named Ethan. Over all it was really fun. A little awkward in parts, mainly cause I knew about 15 people in a room of 4oo or so, but all in all it was a good night. Once we started to dance and things loosened up a bit everything went pretty smoothly from there. After the dance we went to Nathan and Kim's house to party some more. (Thank you Nathan and Kim) This part of the night was even more fun I think cause we just got to hang out with eachother and there was the added bonus of me actually knowing everyone! woo! We played a little poker, which quickly turned into a really funny joke for me and Bethany! We watched movies and ate. I got about 15 minutes of sleep that night then went to church to serve the offerring and do communion. It was really good that they had us stay for the whole service to give out communion, cause I really needed to hear what Pastor Steve was talking about. He spoke about forgiveness, and well I needed to forgive some people for something. It was all stuff I had already heard before; he didn't say a single new thing. But its good to get a reminder of stuff you've forgotten every once in a while.

Prom 1 was really good. Now it's time to focus on prom 2.

No comments: