Sunday, February 10, 2008

Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night

It's Sunday? Who knew?

Yesterday morning all I could do was complain about the lack of sleep I got that night. I had gone to Denton High's Fillies Follies show, (the drill team's big show) to support a few friends of mine. I got back home at around 11pm and was in bed by 11:30. I needed to get up by 6am on Saturday morning. I had a competion for choir, solo and ensomble, so I needed to be well rested and in good singing condition. (especially with the mass sickness that everyone has going around) I had to get dressed up and be at school by 7:15, which meant leaving the house at 6:50. All was good...until about 2am when my dear brother calls me 3 times in a row. Now my phone was on viberate so I only sorta knew someone was calling, but not really. Finally the third time he called me I answered with a grumbly hellllloooo....? He told me to get up cause he and 5 or so people were coming over to hang out and that I should join them. [I'll take a side note here and explain that this is a fairly common occurance in my life so I wasn't at all surprised by this and would have enjoyed hanging out with them since they are all very fun people if I hadn't needed to be awake so early.] So I told him that I had to wake up early and so I could not hang out with them. However, it didn't make much difference and I could've hung out anyway since I could not sleep from 2-4:30 due to their very loud presence in my house. I spent that time going in and out of sleep in very small increments. I would just barely be asleep, and then rudely awakened again by a door slamming or sudden laughter. By about 4:30, the group had calmed down, most people had left and only a few remained but they were asleep. So I had finally been able to fall asleep for a fair amount of time....until 4:49. For whatever reason I woke up at 4:49 and looked at the clock across the room and was fully convinced that it was 6:49! I had to leave my house at 6:50 to be at the school on tme and make the bus! So I frantically ran to the bathroom to start getting ready and a few minutes later I looked at the clock again. This time however, it occured to me that it was only 4 something. I then crawled back to bed and sleept until my alarm went off.

So that was yesterday's big topic of discussion for me. I was tired all day, but I did perform well. I got back home from the contest around 1pm and sat down to watch a movie. Later I wondered around the house looking for something to do, but all I wanted to do was take a nap. So I went to lay back down in bed. I didn't set an alarm cause I didn't have to be anywhere in particular, and I figured that I would just wake up in a few hours or so. I woke up at 8:54 am this morning. I slept for a grand total of 18 hours! Although I'm sorta bummed that I lost a whole day I am really enjoying this day. Usually I'll sleep till 10-12 on sunday morning, but today I was up and awake by 9. I feel great today too. I made myself some coffee and fixed a real breakfast and sat down and wrote this blog and I'm just really enjoying this day so far.

Sleep is a blessing. I feel caught up and refreshed. And I'm ready to enjoy this day, and use it to it's full potential.

1 comment:

Free and Living said...

Your bro and his friends need to have a little more respect! I oughta kick his ask for showing up and disturbing your sleep. But, I'm glad you are rested now :)