Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Being Busy and Making Time

Much like the rest of you, I'm super busy. I've probably posted blogs about being busy 85% of the time I actually post. However, for me, I've been busier this year more so than I ever have been before. College just did something to me. I have to study for things now, and that takes time. I have to work now, and that takes time. I have a boyfriend now, and that takes time. I have to sleep more now, and that takes time. It's been a hard year. Parts of it were bland. Others really fun. Some were depressing. But over all I made time for the things I had to do, and I made time for the things I wanted to do. Where I slacked though, was making time for the things I should above all else be doing. I found myself putting God on the back burner quite often so I could make time to do other things, important or unimportant. I did the bare minimum; often this would be defined as "what might appear to others as a good job".

So now I'm still super busy. Busier now than ever. But I've changed a significant piece of this puzzle. I learned to put the less important things on the back burner so that I'll have time to spend in the word. I've been braving the morning and reading chapters of Matthew and Proverbs. I can't say that it's been life altering or even that I've had some awesome experience. But I know that if I'm patient and diligent He'll answer.

No comments: