Monday, September 8, 2008

Looking Up

So recently I had a not fun moment with my family. I was talking to my mom and she let me in on some information that I didn't really want to hear. There was crying and freaking out and then I started to deal with it. It's nothing super new, just the same old recurring problem but every time I think it's going away it just comes right back. I'm forced to be so much older then I am and I'm expected to give advice and handle "adult" problems. I really hate it but there isn't anything I can do about. It's that whole rock and a hard place thing. But I don't mean to use my blog to whine about it. Instead I wanted to tell you how encouraged I was this past Sunday. Well after the initial shock of it I started to be ok and start dealing. It helped that unlike normal I actually turned to God about this problem first. So I'm sure that helped to calm me down. How amazing is God's provision though. Seriously. I was lost and confused amidst the chaos that existed in my house and I was put in a position that I didn't understand my role. And God answered my prayers. Even better, He answered them all, He did it super quickly, and He used big bold neon signs! Last night during college bible study, we were in 1 Peter 5 and God just spoke to me through the passage. I now just have to rise to the occasion and pass on what God showed me to someone else. That's going to be the hard part. But I know that God will provide. He is always faithful.

1 comment:

From Carlys Eyes said...

you should come hang out with me sometime