Sunday, October 14, 2007

On the 4th of July

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday hands down. And this year I missed out on it twice. The first of the two actually being on July 4th. Due to ridiculous rains this summer Texoma lake was flooded and the fireworks were canceled. We did go somewhere else on July 3rd, but that doesn't count because the show sucked! Worst firework show I've seen! Then the marina on Texoma that was doing the fireworks was going to have the show on labor day weekend. So of course we went to the lake but my folks got into a fight and they were both PMSing and decided not to go at all. Therefore my favorite holiday was a complete wash! (you really don't understand how bummed out I was)

However...God provides. This past Saturday night I went to the UNT football game with some friends. Which was in its self a God thing since I had a bad day and fully planned on staying at home alone and sulking in my misery....but I went anyway. It was a lot of fun! AND UNT WON!!!!! 31-21. WOO HOO!! Anyway, as we were making the trek back to my car a bunch of fireworks started to go off. They set off a ton! (I guess they had a lot to get rid of since they never win!) So I got really excited and sat down in the middle of the side walk (completely in the way) and enjoyed the show. It was great. Just a little piece of heaven.

2 comments:

Brent said...

"They set off a ton! (I guess they had a lot to get rid of since they never win!)"

That's funny!

Free and Living said...

i'm glad god gave you fireworks when no one else did...i mean the chances of unt winning is slim to none :)